vrijdag 23 augustus 2013

Hair: TWA Update

Hi Lovelies!

I'm back with a hair update. It's been almost a month since my big chop and my hair is hecka dry! Lawdy, all I do is co-wash, moisturise and seal, and tie it up in a scarf. I don't even want to deal with it lol. I've noticed that I have a lot of straight pieces in my hair. I don't know if it's still relaxer left in my hair or "heat damage". Because when I had my weave installed (before my big chop) they blowdried it for no reason because it was already straight. And it was hot as fudge -_- I didn't mind because I was over my hair at that stage. But that might be the reason why it's straight. And I'm not feeling it at all. Feels like my big chop isn't complete.

So I've been thinking about doing a second big chop. Just cut it real short, maybe a fade, and start fresh. I know that I will not like it that short. But at this stage in my life I just don't care anymore. People will judge you anyway. They judge when your hair is long, they judge when it's short, they judge when it's relaxed, they judge when it's natural, they judge when you wear a weave. So imma do what I want and don't care about the rest. I know what I want and this is a step that I'll have to do. Like Shameless Maya says: "Do You BOO" ;)

This time I'll go to a barber shop with my cousin. I think they know their way with clippers better (my opinion). If I'm honest I want to do it tomorrow but I don't want to go on my own and wait the whole day until somebody decides to come and help me. I'd rather go with my cousin and get helped right away, because they know him. But I think I'm gonna do it after my birthday. Should be an interesting experience.


Lots of Love

Varishta Shireen♥



2 opmerkingen:

  1. do you boo !
    yes, people will judge you anyway, so just do what you want because we only have one life to live.

    these days I was thinking about a low fade too but I wont do it because I know that when the fall comes I would love to install me box braids. during the colder months I love wearing wolly hats over box braids which is something I'm doing since my teenage days, so I dont feel like to change it.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Yes! So no point trying to fit in.

      Funny you were thinking about a low fade too lol. The upcoming fall/winter is going to be something else for me! Very cold I can imagine haha. But I'm looking forward to it. Gonna rock some awesome hats, beenies, scarfs and maybe my wig, just to keep my head warm :p

      Verwijderen